Paving Contractors in Baldwin IA 52207
Baldwin Paving Contractors - Serving Baldwin and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (855) 781-6834
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW - CALL (855) 781-6834
Paver Driveway Cost in Baldwin IA 52207 ?
If you are considering having some paving work carried out at your home in Baldwin IA 52207 there are various options available. This article gives an outline of the different options starting with the cheapest and finishing with the most expensive option.
1. Gravel (loose small stones) is certainly the cheapest surface for your driveway. It is not suitable for patios or paths because it is difficult to roll things like a lawn mower on. It still requires a foundation of crushed stone but a whole driveway in gravel in Baldwin IA 52207 can easily be completed in hours instead of days.
2. Asphalt (tarmac) is usually laid in the standard black colour. It is a good maintenance free option for larger driveways but can actually cost more than other options for smaller areas. Like gravel it needs a concrete edging to hold it in which will add to the cost.
3. Standard pressed paving (pavement slabs) is a very basic way of paving a driveway or patio. These concrete pavers are made from pressed concrete which means they are strong (worth 6 inches of standard concrete). They are usually laid in 2ft x 2ft 6inch wide slabs in grey, with a pink scatter. They are prone to efflorescence so don’t expect them to look great for a year or so.
4. Block paving (concrete bricks) is a very popular option for driveways. Block paving is attractive and need not cost the earth in Baldwin IA 52207. Standard blocks are often laid in the brindle colour which is a mixture of red and grey. There are also more expensive cobble type concrete blocks (Drivesett Tegula) which have a more traditional look and cost extra.
4. Pattern imprinted concrete is a quality concrete imprinted with stencils, and then dyed with colour. It isn’t the most realistic look but does provide a relatively maintenance free surface. Unlike block paving there is no need to look out for moss growing in the joints as imprinted concrete is a sealed off surface.
5. Natural stone paving and setts (Indian stone flags and cobbles). Yorkstone slabs are very expensive to buy in Baldwin IA 52207 and difficult to lay as they are different thicknesses, they are also often slippy when wet. Reclaimed or new cobbles are an expensive option too and generally not recommended. A far better option for driveways and patios is imported natural stone like Indian stone. It is thin (easier to lay) and looks great, and sometimes it works out cheaper that other options.